Khulanathi, which means “grow with us” in isiZulu, is a R20 million-a-year SME Fund that aims to accelerate the growth and development of small and medium enterprises.
The fund was launched in April 2019 and has played an increasingly important role since the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on many SMEs. CCBSA has partnered with Edge Growth, which manages the fund. The CCBSA Khulanathi SME Fund is aimed at SMEs who are procurement ready, and is focused on existing CCBSA suppliers and other SMEs with the potential to enter CCBSA’s supply chain.
The fund provides growth finance of between R1m – R10m, primarily for capex/ growth (asset purchases – excluding land) with an ability to finance working capital.
CCBSA’s Khulanathi Fund invites suppliers to apply for potential funding.
Complete the form below and we’ll get back to you. Please read the fund qualifying mandate and requirements to see if you meet the citeria to be considered for potential funding.
*Fields are mandatory
Khulanathi Fund Application Requirements
The mandate of the fund for qualifying businesses is as follows:
• Minimum 51% Black Owned.
• Minimum 3-year trading record.
• Job creation from the funding must be displayed.
• Type of Funding available: Term loan structure between 3-5 years.
• Average funding available per business is between R2 million – R10 million (larger facility sizes are considered on a case by case basis)
• Long term growth finance (typically 3-5 years term).
• Businesses currently part of the CCBSA value chain as vendors or with potential to be part of the value chain as a vendor.
• Mostly available for capex (asset purchases – excluding land) with an ability to finance working capital.
• EME & QSE only (less than R50 million revenue in a 12-month period).
In order to commence with the application assessment we require the below documents for the early stage process:
• Application form completed
• Most recent 3-year financials signed by a registered accountant
• Recent monthly management accounts
• 6 months bank stamped statements for main account (electronic stamp is sufficient)
• Tax clearance certificate/ pin
• Valid BEE certificate
• Company Profile Doc or equivalent (If not available, a short write up in the application form will be enough)
• Summary of the qualifications and experience of each member of the management team
• Future vision for the business (What is your medium- and long-term vision for your business)
• List of the financing required and the use of the funding and list the number of staff you think you will employ as a result of this investment in the growth of your business