LAST REVISED: 5 MAY 2021
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WHY DO WE USE THEM?
Cookies are small pieces of text. They are provided by most websites and stored by your web browser on the computer, phone, or other device that you are using. Cookies serve many purposes. They can help a website remember your preferences, learn which areas of the website are useful and which areas need improvement, and provide you with targeted advertisements or personalized content. Sometimes, cookies are enabled when pixels are placed on a website. Pixels are also referred to as web beacons, clear gifs, and tags. They enable websites to read and place cookies.
Cookies can be first-party or third-party. A first-party cookie is one that you receive directly from CCBA when visiting our Site. A third-party cookie is one that you have received from another party plug-ins, suppliers, or advertisers. We do not control what third parties do on other sites.
2. HOW DO I MANAGE COOKIES?
Most web browsers let you choose whether to accept cookies. Most also let you delete cookies already set. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser ́s “help” menu. For example:
There are online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as www.allaboutcookies.org . Usually, deletion of cookies will anonymize the information associated with the pixel and a website will not receive any further associated information.
3. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES MAY WE USE?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies without which you would not be able to use this Site. For example, Strictly Necessary Cookies adjust the Site data transmitted to match your internet connection, get you to the secure versions of the Site, and help provide services you specifically request. If you set your browser to block these cookies, some parts of the Site will not work. Strictly Necessary Cookies do not store any personal information.
- Performance Cookies : We use these cookies to count visits and traffic sources, to measure and improve Site performance. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site. Performance Cookies do not store any personal information.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make and provide enhanced functionality and more personalized features. Depending on context, Functional Cookies may store certain types of personal information as needed to provide functionality.
- Targeting Cookies : Targeting cookies help CCBA to manage and display our advertisements, based on your activity on the Site and other Sites; this is known as interest-based advertising. Targeting Cookies mainly rely on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device.
- Social Media Cookies: Social Media Cookies make social sharing easier for you, provide you with tools to connect with the Site, and help us better understand both the audience for the Site and the effectiveness of our social media outreach. These are third-party cookies. Your choices with respect to such cookies are determined by the social media platforms on which you have accounts.
- Persistent Cookies: Is a data file capable of providing websites with user preferences, settings, and information for future Site visits.
- Session Cookies: Contains information that is stored in a temporary memory location and then subsequently deleted after the session is completed or the web browser is closed.